I have tried many things: weekly/monthly newsletter, daily e-mail, Weebly (classroom website), written notes, agendas... Some proved to work better than others. Some were a ton of work and not very successful. This is a topic I continue to struggle with.
On the other hand, these have been the most successful ways of communication with my parents:
- A monthly newsletter (not printed, but e-mailed). My current school sends everything electronically, but I did print them years prior.
- A quick e-mail at the end of the day. Nothing special. Simple and to the point. #notcutethough
- Our student's agendas/planners (soon to be updated for the new school year) have helped a lot!
- The latest bestest thing has been sharing about our upcoming field trip using Maribel's Letter Templates. Trust me when I say... you need them!
- I would like to get to be a bit techier and use Instagram, remind, Facebook. Maybe next year :)
Goal for my 2015-2016 year: Better Parent Communication. Here's to that!