We started with using many of the manipulatives we have in our classroom. Labeling row s and columns. Defining arrays (pre-assessment).
Created array books, used array task cards and took a few post-assessments....and so much more!
According to my kids an array is... (I copied these from their assessment sheets).
- Soldiers lined up in rows
- Organized ways of putting something away
- Something that is put together in rows and columns and it can help you count good
- Some rows and columns that are put together and help you count stuff
- A quick and organized of arranging something
- It has rows and columns and looks like an army of soldiers
I see a theme here....rows, columns and soldiers :) Not sure what I said about soldiers, but it made a great impression.
Something so tweet! Find here.
You can find all of these in there :)
What do you think?
My tweet son will help me pick a winner. Leave me some love. I will pick 2 winners tomorrow night.