I cannot take credit for such a clever idea since I totally
So, here's how I did it...
- 24 Starbucks cups (free- courtesy of my room mom)
- 24 clear bags (free- courtesy of my mother-in-law)
- Candy $1.00 per bag)
- Scrapbooks paper (2 sheets for $1.00)
- Paper clips and ribbon ($1.50)
- Stickers ($1.00)
- Shredded paper ($1.00 per bag)
- Homework Passes (free...keep reading they can be free for you too!).
- Red tissue paper and red curling ribbon (free- I had it since Christmas)
- I added a bit of ribbon to create 'bookmarks' using big paper clips.
- I cut the scrapbook paper in strips (4 per sheet) to cover the cups.
- I used my punches to make a label.
a lot more paper than my helper did. It looks better :)
- We taped the scrapbook paper around the cup and added a name tag.
- We bagged them to avoid losing any contents once the kids take them home. I am sure they will hope for them as soon as they get on the bus!
If you'd like a copy of the mini homework passes, e-mail me (email@example.com). I will be happy to send them to you!
According to my class roster, most of my kiddos already had a birthday in July right before we started school. In honor of their birthday, we will celebrate their half birthday so they can their own birthday cup :)
I really do hope the kiddos love them.