Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Keep Calm and Survive Second Grade... with Awards Your Students Can Wear and Resumes

I am trying to stay calm.  Calm is something I do not know well, unless I am sleeping :)
I have 7 weeks left of school, you know you are jealous ;)  We still have much to learn, assessments to complete, and then... my end of the year activities will commence.  I am ready for that fun part :)
I am trying to enjoy every last bit of fun I can have with my kids.  They have been fabulous.  I think they are ready for third grade :(  I am not ready to let them go, but I guess that is what happens, right?

I am here, joining a super nice bloggy friend, Angela,  who organized (and invited ME!) this keep calm blog hop. I hope you get a chance to say hi to all these bloggy friends, and find something to keep you calm.

Keeping reading... there is a freebie for all of you, second grade teachers.  I DO promise to edit and add more grades, but it may have to wait a bit.  It is conferences time for me and I am crazy busy.


Let's start with End of the Year Awards your students can wear.  I created them last year, and my kiddos really liked them.  I will be redoing them for my fantabulous class this year.   

They are editable... meaning you can add your students name :)

I also created them in Spanish.  


Feel free to check my last year's post HERE.

Moving to 2014...

Today, we completed our resumes. I explained their purpose and showed the kids my real resume.  
My students from a few years back had written resumes, but for some reason I did not do it the last few years.  I remembered how much our third grade teachers enjoyed getting them in the kids cumulative folders, and I knew I had to share them with you.

Let me show you some pictures. 






Don't leave after getting your freebie and leaving me some love :)  Then...go visit the next blog and visit the girl who lives in a divine place.  I am so jealous every time I see pictures of her beautiful paradise.
Find her HERE

Keep Calm and Survive Second Grade. 

9 comments:

  1. Those resume's are so cute! I love where they can put in past teacher's names so that year's teacher can know who to go to if there are any questions. Great idea for the end of the year!
    Jean
    Diving Into 2nd Grade

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! I L.O.V.E. the resume idea!!! I think I'm going to need another week just to do all these great EOY projects!

    Angela :)
    Hippo Hooray for Second Grade!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute resumes and End of the Year Award Buttons...so nice that they can be edited to add student names! Thanks for the freebie!!!
    Mrs. Olson’s Lucky Little Learners

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the resume idea! Thanks for sharing! :)
    Sarah
    Mrs. Jones Teaches

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute idea! Love the resumes. The EOY buttons are awesome too!
    -Jaime
    Bright Concepts 4 Teachers

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love these ideas!!! The resume is adorable and I love that the buttons. What a fun idea :) I honestly don't know what to do now with these ideas. It is not making it easier for me, lol! I am going to have to tell myself "Keep Calm and Choose One or Two Activities!"

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have your buttons and can't wait to use them this year. Love the resumes!

    Brandi
    Swinging for Success
    Follow me on Facebook!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the resumes! Is there a way to make it for first graders going into second grade?

    ReplyDelete