Monday, December 29, 2014

One Word

Hello there!  I am still at home, visiting my family for two more days.  The kids and I have been taking pictures and I am hoping to share with you once we return.  I have two long plane rides and a four hour layover in Miami on New Year's Eve to occupy myself with.

While I have begun to think about packing, I am already thinking about next year.  I am joining a great linky at Primary Powers that is helping me with this.  It requires a one word resolution.
I have to be totally honest with you, I do not believe in resolutions. at. all.  But I do believe in changes one can make to be and feel happier.
I thought about one word that will help my soul smile.  I broke the one word rule but I know you will understand.  #couldnothelpmyself


That is it.  It sounds so simple but  I know I lack the ability to be present many times.  

I want to work on the ability to enjoy the one thing I am doing: 
- Being with my kids  or my husband while they are trying to talk to me and I am busy doing something else that is not as important as they are.  
- Enjoying a simple image that brings me joy: a child reading and smiling while they read a book.
- Reading a book and submerge myself in it without thinking about anything else. 
- Taking a deep breath.
- Loving what I do without thinking about how it could have been better.

It all comes down to enjoying whatever I am doing at its fullest.  One can never know if we'll have that opportunity again.  

What about you?  How do you feel present at all times?  I need your help :)

3 comments:

  1. Tania, you are so right! It sounds simple, but it is a great skill to work for. I can't say I am there yet. I have phases when I am right where I need to be, and other times (when life stinks) that all I can do is look forward. I know that I need to be better at staying in the moment even if it is tough or uncomfortable... it's important to work through it. I can't say I have any tips, but if you come up with something, let me know!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So true, Tania! I feel like I'm often on my phone or thinking of so many other things when I should be focusing on the task at hand! Thanks for the reminder!!

    Slainte,
    ☘ Molly
    Lucky to Be in First

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea! It is so hard not to be concerned about the future and the past. Good luck!On the Go Teacher Mama

    ReplyDelete