Saturday, March 1, 2014

March Currently

March first can only mean that spring is around the corner, right?   This is the south, and I am tired of the cold.  Even my classroom feels like an ice cube.  I need some heat!  

Let's get started with the best monthly linky party around. Farley + Currently = new friends :)


Listening:  I was unable to stay up this week to watch Jimmy  Fallon until tonight (may not get up anytime before 11:00 tomorrow morning) and watch him for the first time.  He cracks me up and I love his funny thank you notes.

Loving: Having my first student teacher! Do I really have to let her go?  She'll be with us for the rest of the month, but I know the next four weeks are going to go buy too quickly. I found this funny comic, but I would like to emphasize she does not have any problems with classroom management.  She rocks!  I think I've said that before :)

Thinking: about my trip and my need to pack.  I will be attending a 4 day training next week about early literacy instruction.  I will be gone Thursday - Sunday surrounded by a group of  NC teachers who come together to learn, collaborate, and 'relax' while learning.   I hope I get to learn a ton so I can share with you.
4.5 hour drive to the mountains will be just fine. I am taking Madonna with me.

Wanting:  to win the clip art lottery.  TPT gift certificate will do next time my hubby asks if I need anything. 
I did buy some goodies tonight, but I'd love to empty my cart.  I just could not justify to continue to buy any more clip art (OK, OK, I did buy some kidletts).  I need to create and create some more while my ideas are flowing.  I love when that happens!
Nikki, if you ever read this.... you may cause my divorce. All this spending may create issues between my hubby, your cute kidletts and I :)

Needing: To pack. Can you tell I am so exited to leave the kids behind?  My kids + daddy = interesting weekend :)

???: What's your guess? 

Spring please come soon!!!

7 comments:

  1. You are not alone...I am a clip art addict too! I sent several of my dollars Nikki's way too! Those kidlettes are too darn cute! I can't wait to hear about your conference! Enjoy the time away. Your last question: Things you LOVE, I mean LOATH to do! HA!
    -Jaime
    Bright Concepts 4 Teachers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm... my guess would be that those are 2 things that you enjoy!? Have fun on your trip! If you find the Fairy Clipart-Mother, let me know. Until then, I think there should be a clipart hoarders association. :)

    Danielle
    Crayonbox Learning

    ReplyDelete
  3. I stocked up on the clip art, too! I think that's all I bought. I think your ??? is things you don't like doing! I hope you have a great trip next week. :)

    Happy Teaching,
    Cassie
    Adventures in Teaching (A First Grade Blog)
    My TpT Store

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think a trip would be exciting! I hope you learn tons :) Well if it was me then those would be two things I have a hard time doing regularly!!

    Aloha,
    Corinna (✿◠‿◠)
    Surfin' Through Second

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was supposed to have a student for this whole term (12 weeks) but she never came :(
    Hopefully I get a different one later in the year. Enjoy your time away!!
    I'm guessing - "Things I wish I had more time for..." Well they are two things I wish I had more time for that's for sure!!
    Erin
    Learning to be Awesome

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh goodness, I bought several sets of clip art too. Worst of all, I have absolutely no idea what I will use them for. I just had to have them. Ha! I think we should start a Clip Art Addicts Anonymous. Happy travels!!

    Aimee
    Primarily Speaking

    ReplyDelete
  7. Is the ??? Things you need to do today? I bought the same clip art!
    Sara
    Frampton's FUNdamentals

    ReplyDelete