Wednesday, January 1, 2014

January Currently

Happy New Year friends!   I spent my NYE on the couch, with the kids.  We certainly know how to do this 'partying' thing :)  They made it to 11:20 and fell asleep on the couch.  I had to carry two heavy kids to their beds.  They owe me a massage.

The best part in town is here. Come and join in along with your party hats, mimosas, coffee.. or anything fun :)


Listening: cartoons...lots of them.

Loving: After all the excitement of the holidays I decided to do nothing for the last two weeks.  I have two more weeks to be productive.  Track out after Christmas break is always nice :)  I am not a stay at home kind of gal, so the "I need to work on something for school" is coming back to me.  

Thinking: about the future, without trying missing being present.  The family and I are having conversations about 'us', our family time, our happiness, our futures.  Changes are scary, but we are looking forward to making some changes to be a better family altogether.

Wanting:  I do not make New Year's Resolutions. I stink at them because they are always unrealistic.  I need to be a better me in so many areas of my life. I need to take care of myself.   I need to love my body, my mind and my soul more.  This (hopefully)  will lead into being a better person.  My heart needs it!

Needing: my hubby has been working a t-o-n.  We made a huge commitment to have him work extra during the holidays (what was I thinking??!!) so we can do somethings around the house we have been talking about for a while.  We are looking forward to spending time with him. 

Tradition: when I was a little girl (back home), we used to get 12 grapes.  My family wrote or thought about 12 things you wanted to do better or wished for in the New Year. We ate the grapes 12 seconds before the New Year, following by hugs and kisses and tears....we always cried for some reason :)  I miss that!

Link up and join the fun HERE

Here is to a year full of great things for all of you.  Cheers!...with coffee :)

3 comments:

  1. Do you seriously have two more weeks of break? Wow! That is so nice! I go back Monday and haven't taken down my Christmas yet. So I have a couple more days to get motivated and busy!!! Enjoy the rest of your break!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your 12 grapes tradition! That is so sweet. Happy New Year!
    -Jaime
    Bright Concepts 4 Teachers

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your 12 grapes tradition! What a very cool thing to do with your family.
    Gig ‘Em Teacher

    ReplyDelete