Friday, January 31, 2014

February Currently

I have been doing a lot of nothing around the house. We had almost two inches of snow and school has been closed for 4 days!  For those of you with real snow... I am not sure what to say.  I work for a very large county and they like to make sure all the roads are safe and clear before we can go back.   I am honestly going crazy in this house.  I have cleaned, done the laundry, watched plenty of movies and enjoy some lazy time. It is time to go back!

I do not have much related to school since I have been back for 3 days after a 5 week track out, but  I am always ready to join Farley for this month's currently.


Listening: to Shark Tank and the cool products people make. I love the sharks!  Becoming a millionaire sounds like a great idea.  Maybe one day I will think of something creative :)  Do you guys watch this?


Loving:  I finally took pictures of my latest product. I adore the cover.  My daughter helped me creating her own version.  She has so many friends,  I had to help her decide which 'sister' AKA friend to draw. I am hoping  I can post it tomorrow.

Thinking: This girl is getting observed next week. My new principal is coming during my writer's workshop time.  It is my time to do what I do, so she can 'know' me in the classroom.  I hope she comes early in the week.  I'd like to get it done and over with. 20 minute observation is nothing, right? Wish me luck!

Animal Research Project ...here I come!


Wanting: Because of all the snow days we have had. I need to work 4 Saturdays to make up our snow days. Yeap. Saturday school :(
On the bright side, we only go half day, so it is not so bad.  I want to make plans and stay ahead for a change.  I have had plenty of rest :)

2 truths and a fib:  Well, can you see this Mexican, raised in one of the biggest cites in the world, surrounded by a few trees and barely no water around, swimming???!  Nope.  This girl is terrified of water. Can't swim. Can't float. Cannot even get my hair wet without hyperventilating.   Honestly, it s not that bad, but  I am pretty afraid of water.  Everyone in the house swims, except me.  I will learn...one day :)

Happy weekend to all of you!

17 comments:

  1. go learn to swim.... do it...
    you CAN DO IT!!!!
    thanks so much for linking up
    and good luck with the observation

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I will think about the swimming :)

      Delete
  2. I love your animal research pages! Are those in a TPT store? I may need to look into it!
    Jessica
    Covered in Glitter and Glue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are. My very first TPT product ad best seller :)

      Delete
  3. When I first moved to Hawaii I was afraid of the ocean!! I loved sitting on the beach and playing in the shore break, but I was so afraid to stick my head under the water!! I wanted to learn to surf so bad that I taught myself to swim in the ocean. You can do it!! Your animal reports look super cute :) Good luck on your observation, I am sure you will ace it!

    Aloha,
    Corinna (✿◠‿◠)
    Surfin' Through Second

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I am a bit nervous about the observation because the new boss does not know me, but I am hoping she likes what she sees. I do not do anything I would not do normally.

      Delete
  4. I just put in my Currently that I was listening to Shark Tank as well!! I also talked about how I WISH I had a few snow days. All this cold weather is dragging me down by keeping me stuck inside all day with kiddos!!! Thanks for sharing!!

    Jamie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so ready to go back on Monday! Fingers crossed for both of us :)

      Delete
  5. Saturday School??? Oh no, I will be thinking of you, friend! The friendship book is darling! I can't wait to see more. I can swim, but I will not, do not, swim in the ocean...and, I grew up at the beach. He he.

    Aimee
    Primarily Speaking

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Saturday school is only half day, but it will be painful. They spaced them out so I am hoping not to notice them :)

      Delete
  6. OH those animal research pages!! I love them!! As for your Saturday School - I TOLD my kids about how some people have to go to school on Saturdays to make up the snow days… they thought I was CRAZY and that this wasn't true even though I told them when I was in school, we had to go on Saturdays, too! SO, I'll make sure to tell them that y'all have to do 4 days worth. I hope you get your plans done and get ahead so you're prepped and ready to go!

    Sara
    Miss V's Busy Bees
    ventrellasara@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tell them I will document and blog about my painful days so you can show them :)

      Delete
  7. I live in WI and we have had four cold days this January. The exciting thing is we do not have to make them up because we have such a long school day we are covered. Unfortunately for my son who is a freshman, he will have to start school 10 min earlier starting in March through the end of the year to make up the time. I know about being anxious to get back to school. We ended up with two cold days right after Christmas break for a grand total of 18 days off. Longest break ever for us. Saturday school- bless your heart.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have never heard of Saturday school. I live in Washington. We have either had snow days built in to the school calendar, or our days get added on the calendar in June. Even though I complain in June, snow days can be a relaxing blessing! I hope you find a way to learn to swim someday in your future :)
    Storie
    Stories by Storie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I work at a year round school, where snow days are not built in. It is one of those tiny disadvantages, but I do not mind them that much :)
      Swimming is something I will have to think about for a while. I hope I can manage to get over the fear and enroll in swim class where the instructor has a ton of patience.

      Delete
  9. Saturday school is just wrong, wrong, wrong. Half day or not, if I ran your school district, Saturday school would be a NO NO! You are going to ROCK your observation. No doubt about it!
    -Jaime
    Bright Concepts 4 Teachers

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can't believe you have Saturday school! We have to make our days up on Memorial Day and Good Friday, which is sort of awful too. I'm in TX and they don't build days in or add them on. I love Shark Tank, I just started watching in this year. I'm trying to find somewhere to watch the first seasons. I don't see them on Netflix or anything. I have a new principal too, we've had our walkthroughs, but the formal observations must be coming soon...Good luck!

    Jessica
    Literacy Spark

    ReplyDelete