Monday, November 4, 2013

My Truth Monday- Teacher I Am

I missed the fun last week, but today I am all about sharing my teaching truth :)

I am blogging after spending the afternoon at the doctor's office. EKG, blood work and a ton of pain on my back, ribs and my left shoulder. I am staying home tomorrow to get an ultrasound and perhaps an MRI. I am panicking, a bit.
Back to the linky...

Check out Denise's blog and link up HERE:

Here is my truth:
I remember clearly all the  teaching I did, everywhere I went. My family thought I was crazy. They called me names. You know, invisible students are not 'cool' and crazy young teachers were not allowed in my family :) I still remember the lining up, the singing, the spot my grandmother had for my desk, my binder with class lists and student samples...

I am a teacher because of ALL the amazing teachers I had in elementary school. I can still name them and describe them as if I had left school yesterday. I still remember the special things they did that made me love school.

I also remember taking the ACTs 13 times. You read it right, I took that horrible test 13 times because I am a horrible test taker (or not smart enough). I missed it 12 times by a point. The school of ed had an 'X' amount of points I needed to be accepted, and my brain could not produce. People kept telling me to go to social work since I had enough points for that. I refused to. Why would I give up my dream? I never did, and here I am.

3 comments:

  1. I love your passion for teaching. It is so clear and your students will soak it all up from you! I hope you feel better and all your tests and appointments go smoothly. I am sending strength and prayers your way!
    -Jaime
    Bright Concepts 4 Teachers

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your story and I had those same plastic dress up shoes with glitter! Thanks for sharing!
    Carol
    Teachers Are Terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You go girl! All kiddos deserve teachers who have that passion and drive for support their success! Isn't it wonderful to wake up and do something you love :)!

    -Krista
    The Second Grade Superkids

    ReplyDelete