Friday, November 15, 2013

Five for Friday- Turkey Style

It is Friday! We had a fantastic week in the classroom. Learning is happening, and this teacher cannot be more pleased to see academic growth :) I did a few running records and I caught myself smiling and feeling proud for my kids.
Changes continue to happen and I am doing my best to keep up with it all. I am trying to stay positive and concentrate on all the things I have control over. I am a happy girl once I close my door and do my job :)

The Mr. is working for Thanksgiving, so we are celebrating a little earlier with his family. But Thanksgiving has been in the air.

There were many things we reviewed (retelling, character traits...), and others were introduced...turkey style.

We created some cute turkeys surrounded by some turkey research. They love paper crafts, I tell ya'!

 Hubby was off two days. We had two amazing meals, and yesterday he let me picked my favorite cake. Carrot cake, please. Minus the raisins. Thanks to Whole Foods.

Math, reading, writing and my new product!  It 's on sale this weekend. 

Get well cards, gifts, and Halloween candy waited for me after being out for two days. After some blood work, abdominal ultrasound, EKG, and 3 visits to the doctor. They decided that I have a bladder polyp (too small to operate). We are going to wait 6 more months for another ultrasound and see if it gets any bigger. I also pulled whatever muscles I have in between my ribs (left side).  I was in serious pain, but meds are taking care of that. 
My kids were happy to see me the day I went back to work, and life came back to normal this week :)

Come this weekend for a quick giveaway.  I am preparing a thankful giveaway with many amazing friends who are helping me say Thank you to all of you for following.  You do not want to miss it.

Check out the rest of the bloggy world checking out Doddle Bugs and her weekly linky HERE.

fiveforfriday2_thumb3_thumb3

2 comments:

  1. I am so glad you are feeling better and found out what the cause was. Your turkey unit looks adorable. I am sure it is a hit with your kids.
    -Jaime
    Bright Concepts 4 Teachers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yikes, I'm so sorry about the health situation, but I'm so glad to hear that you're back at work. I'll be thinking about you! It looks like you've had some wonderful learning going on this week!

    Aimee
    Primarily Speaking

    ReplyDelete