Monday, September 2, 2013

September Currently

NC has been a bit hot and humid. Today we had some scary thunderstorms but it has been a calm summer.
Everybody I know went to the beach this weekend. Hubby went to work, so we stayed home, being lazy. I think I took a shower around 6:00 pm ;)
Don't tell anyone. I have yet to make my bed, wash dishes, and do anything related to something called chores. I am on strike. For 24 hours.

I am ready for fall. NC is gorgeous in the fall! The leaves, the trees, the breeze... Fall is my favorite season for sure. I do not like pumpkins (except for decorating), but I love jumping in a nice pile of leaves :)

Currently this girl is...
Listening: Who cannot love Law and Order? I am so addicted and cannot wait for the new season . 


Loving: I have finally finished decorating a desk (somebody special is visiting our classroom ), put together some birthday goodies, completed a cute binder, and prettified my caddies. I feel accomplished!
Thinking: Have you seen these on-line lesson plans? I have read about it from a variety of sources, my A.P., bloggy friends and coworkers. I finally decided to go for it!
My awesome grade level agreed to sign up for one as well. After a group discount (5 of us), our yearly subscription was only $14.00.  I am sincerely loving it!


Wanting: This is not an easy decision, and I need to have an answer by Tuesday!
Here is what happened: After I graduated, I decided that I could not be a beginning teacher and go back to school. Years later, motherhood brought me two kiddos.  Then, life got busy.
I am a nerd at heart. I do not read for pleasure. I read teacher books, resources books, the latest research; and anything related to my job (teacher blogs). A year ago or so, I decided to share about my classroom with you (which I am having a super hard time keeping up with), and now I want to go back to school???!!!!
Not sure I am ready for the extra work load. Not sure I can afford to go back into debt.  Not sure I can do it all. 
The one thing I am sure of, is that we will be moving to another state (not any time soon), and the only way I can get a job is by obtaining a masters degree. I miss the snow. Hubby needs mountains (out west kind of mountains). We shall see.

Any advice? If you just finished a program and are a full time teacher and mom, how did you do it all? I am afraid. VERY afraid.


Needing: Organization. Need to say more? I think you understand my needs :)

Love Yourself Spot: This month I need to get together with my friends (the ones who know me well and understand me). They make my heart happy.
I am hoping to get a massage and spend a day at the spa (thanks to my hubby). Me time makes my heart happy.
I must make more time to spend with my family. No computer. No electronics. No school work. They are growing up and I am missing out. Doing fun things with my kids make my heart happy.

Come and join the craziest party HERE.

Farley also has an IG Sunday linky going on. It is so hard to pick just 4 pictures each week!


#sundayssharewfarley #teachersfollowteachers  

I hope your 4 day week is a phenomenal one!

14 comments:

  1. I didn't have kids when I went back to school. I survived by being very organized. Good luck with your decision!

    Krazy Town

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I may go crazy in the next 24 hours trying to decide :)

      Delete
  2. I love your honesty in this blog post. I've been having the hardest time keeping up with my blog this year and I always feel like everyone else has it together.

    Wishing you lots of time with those that make your heart happy!

    Jessica
    Covered in Glitter and Glue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I must enjoy my kids while they still know who I am :)

      Delete
  3. HA! I love that we both were watching Law and Order:SVU. YES! The new season needs to get here now!

    Ashley
    Flying High in First Grade

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, going back to school with kids is definitely a challenge. I finished my last class while I was 8 months pregnant with my first daughter. My hormones and crazy brain were out of whack and I had missed my final class, eekk! I emailed my instructor and she thought I had the baby and went ahead and gave me a passing grade for the class! I have taken a few classes at a time over the last few years and it is manageable if you have support at home. Good luck whatever you decide!
    Aloha,
    Corinna (✿◠‿◠)
    Surfin' Through Second

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hubby works out of town between 4-5 days a week. I am solo a lot. That is the part that makes me the most nervous. I wish I could have a 'regular' husband that made it home every night :(

      Delete
  5. I haven't heard of the lesson plans online but it sound like it would be a little easier to do than regular plans. Can you print them out too and does it save a back up copy for you? Thanks for sharing.

    Jamie
    teachingtidbit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. You can print them, share them, 'bump' them, save them as PDF.. you name it! You are also able to add the Common core objectives by just searching the objective number add attachments.
      You have them for as long as your subscription is active.
      I am very happy with it :)

      Delete
  6. I love me some SVU:) I hope all is well back in NC. I really do miss it especially the area we lived in! I need to be emailing you asking for you to send me a few things I can't get here:) In return I would send you some Hawaiian goodies;) HAHA! Miss ya girl!

    Tonya
    Tonya’s Treats for Teachers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe we can switch residences. I will send you anything you want!
      Enjoy the amazing beauties you are surrounded by. Miss you too :)

      Tania

      Delete
  7. I love, love, love SVU!!

    I'm also a NC girl but living in GA. My family is all on the Asheville side and I LOVE going home when I can.

    I wasn't a mama when I went back to grad school, but I will tell you it made me a much better teacher! I had to sit down at the beginning of each week and schedule in time to read and complete all of my assignments. I also have a wonderful principal who let me leave a little early to get to campus without fighting traffic. I ended up there early and could take 30-45 minutes to read or finish a digital assignment. Working in those 2-3 blocks felt like deadlines and it really helped me. :)

    Good luck! It's a hectic but wonderful adventure! :)

    Abby
    Third Grade Bookworm

    ReplyDelete
  8. I say go for it! I wasn't a mom when I got my master's but I think it is important to do if it means a lot to you. You don't want to look back and regret not doing something. You will also be a better teacher, mother and wife if you fill your needs as well. Please let us know what you decide!
    -Jaime
    Bright Concepts 4 Teachers

    ReplyDelete