Sunday, July 21, 2013

Christmas in July Numero 3 (6 Day Sale) & Airport Goodbyes

 I hope your Sunday is full of rest and exciting things. I am typing this quite late (on Saturday) hoping to fall asleep soon. This is what happens when I take a nap in the middle of the day.
For day 3, I decided to go with my oldest (and first ever TPT product) and my newest.

My first TPT baby can be found here.

My latest. I must confess, I LOVE it!  This one can be found here.


Mom leaves today. Around 1:30 pm, I will be crying my eyes out saying goodbye to my amazing mother. She visits about twice a year, but saying goodbye never gets easier. I am sure my brother spent his whole day cleaning the house...LOL. You see, my 25 year old brother is still living at home (lucky him!). His vacation happens when my mom comes to visit us.
Any how...back to mom. While she is here, my entire house gets cleaned, my entire wardrobe gets ironed, my kids get tons of extra love, my husband gets home cooked meals, and shopping together is what we do best! My kids do not speak Spanish (don't yell at me please), so communicating is a hard task. The kids and my husband do much better when I am not around, but if I am around, I am a full time translator. Every time my mom visits, I tell myself I must teach my kids my first language, then we get back to our routine, and I completely forget about the whole thing. Shame on me!
Today, around 1:30, would you send me a virtual hug? I am going to need something for a couple of days to get back to normal. My heart aches for a few days :(

Hug your mom for me!  I wish I could be closer to mine.

Don't forget to check out what these girls have on sale for today.


2 comments:

  1. Oh Tania! I am sending you love, hugs and strength all day! What an emotional thing to go through. I am so glad you got to spend quality time together.I have a friend who has one day a week in her house that is "Spanish only" day. That might be fun to try with your kids!!
    -Jaime
    Bright Concepts 4 Teachers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hugs Tania! It is so hard to say goodbye. I'm getting choked up just thinking about it. It really would be nice to speak both languages for so many reasons! I like Jaime's idea! Hope the happy thoughts of fun times with your mom help you through the tough days!

    Jeannine
    Creative Lesson Cafe

    ReplyDelete