Friday, June 7, 2013

5 for Friday (inlcuding Winners)

It.is.Friday!!!!!!!!!!  Can you feel the excitement? 15 days to go, and I am counting. I need to get things done and while the number of days gets smaller, so does my to-do list. I am a happy girl  :)

Testing is over!  We had two days of standardized testing. On day one, the kids took the reading test, and got smarties with a little 'love' note. I loved seeing them underlining and using the text to help them find the best answer. On day two, they received another note from me and tootsie rolls.
The kids used the note card to guide them with the bubbling. Scores are not in yet, but whatever they got they have received the highest score from me from trying so hard. They worked so hard I could have cried.

I am loving my retelling wands. Instead of picking one winner, I picked three. Ladies, please check your email.  I hope they are helpful.

I never read chapter books. I am a fiction, quick reading kind of girl. But this time I decided to read my ultimate favorite chapter book. Today we watched the movie. Imagine... pillows, blankets, Cheez-its, cookies and popcorn... Can you say lazy/hyper day?

Today we had mClass training. K-3 teachers received a new nice ipad, case, stylus and the newest and latest assessment tool. We will be using it for the first time in our county. I am quite excited about it!. This really looks like an awesome tool. Does anyone have any mClass experience? I'd love to hear your input.

I am finalizing my A-Z ideas for the end of the year. My plan is to take tons of pictures and share. 
26 ideas, 15 days left...yes we can!

Happy Friday everyone!  Don't forget to link up here.
[fiveforfriday%255B6%255D.jpg]

4 comments:

  1. You all got ipads - wow! That's pretty cool. Isn't it amazing how technology has changed our jobs (and lives!)
    Susanna
    Whimsy Workshop 

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHAHAHA MCLASS....oh man! I can tell you all about that one. We have been doing it in Durham for 2 years now! HAVE FUN...is all I have to say! You know where to find me if you want to chat about it:)

    Tonya
    Tonya’s Treats for Teachers

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never heard of mClass.... but you had me at "K-3 teachers received a new nice ipad".... WOW!! I'm jealous! By the way, I love the book Because of Winn Dixie!

    I'm having a cool giveaway on my blog right now.... come check it out!

    Christy
    Crayons and Whimsy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Before mclass we used a literacy program that was similar but required way more paper... love all the info it gives you at a glance... hate the 2 week window to get it all done in...

    ReplyDelete