Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Currently May

May arrived. Quickly. Too quickly for me.
Farley has created a new graphic and is already making plans for the summer! Come and join the monthly event all of us wait for.
Today is 139th day for me. 42 days to go. I am reading many of you are so close to 'the end' and I am a bit jealous.
I love my class, and I really do not want to let them go. I am juts fearful about all the paperwork and craziness that comes with the end of the year. Serious caffeine and some mental days off will do the trick.

Listening: You gotta love when the kids go to bed, the hubby is not around and it is just you and your computer. Computer and silence are big priorities in my life. Let’s not forget beauty sleep.

Loving: The instagram craze is awesome!  I am loving making new connections and seeing you outside of the classroom.  Who knew you were human?! Find me @mysecondsense
I am also LOVING the fact that I mailed my last student loan payment. I cannot begin to tell you how excited I am. I have asked the loan guy to send me a letter that makes it official 
I paid it off. All.by.myself. It did take me almost 10 years. But I did it!  Masters degree anyone?

Thinking: I have this new project in mind. Last year’s project was a hit, but I never make the same thing year after year. I am planning on bribing my son to make a sample one, so I can show it to you sooner rather than later.

Wanting: I am behind times. I keep thinking I don’t need an iphone, a new bill and a new toy… but there are times where the convenience sounds really appealing. The thing is a masterpiece!

Summer Bucket List: We have yet to plan our family vacation. We are late planners. Where are you going?
Create a friendly pacing guide. We do get one (kind of), but to be honest it is not so easy to use. I need something quick and more useful. More like a monthly calendar.
Last, but not least, I must eat healthier. My fat pants are getting tight. I can can see myself eating more and more 'bad' food. The scale and I are not speaking to each other at the moment.

May it is everyone!  I hope this month brings you happiness and health.

21 comments:

  1. Congrats on sending in that last payment!! Let me say that I'm a teeny bit jealous. I've got two lenders left to pay off, but I am down to about a third of what I originally owed for my bachelors AND masters. :) I am scared to look into this Instagram business that everyone keeps talking about. Like I need one more thing to get sucked into - HA! Happy May!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Instagraming is fun :) Best of luck with your payments. You'll pay them off before you know it.

      Delete
  2. Congrats on paying off student loans! I'm soooo far from that. Although my car loan has hopes of disappearing in the next year. And the iPhone, I'll cross my fingers for you! I'm OBSESSED with mine!

    Lisa
    The Lower Elementary Cottage

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) I need a smart phone. Mine is not very intelligent.

      Delete
  3. Congrats on the last payment! I hear ya about the fat pants - hate them and they barely fit. We are going a cruise this summer. Hope we don't end up stranded without power for days on the sewage filled ship. :)
    Kimberly
    http://funkyfirstgradefun.blogspot.com/2013/05/currently-may.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I am determined to loose some pounds. It is all about the bad eating habits :( A cruise sounds like the perfect thing to do this summer!

      Delete
  4. I am loving Instagram and #teachertalktuesday so much! Congrats on paying off your students loans!! I just joined the iPhone bandwagon and say it is definitely worth it.
    Jessica

    Apples and Papers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I may get the phone this weekend after checking the budget and getting husband approval :)

      Delete
  5. I am in desperate need of a cute Mother's Day gift! Tell me now!! I have an Android not an iPhone, but my contract is up in August and I may go down the iPhone path! Congrats on the student loan. I am old and I worked my way through college which was relatively inexpensive at the time. I only had one loan for $3,000!! Hope May is fabulous and that your last days go quickly and smoothly!

    Aloha,
    Corinna
    Surfin' Through Second

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can check out my post from last year. Cheap and quick :)
      The new one will be out this weekend. Nothing fancy.

      Delete
  6. I understand the working out! I am back at it...and hard! I can already tell a difference! If you ever want to join me at the Y for a class before I move I have a free pass:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tonya

      Tonya’s Treats for Teachers

      Delete
    2. I will stop eating junk, but exercising is not my thing. I can walk though :) I'll go with you to admire your strength.

      Delete
  7. Howdy my dear. Hey. . . if you think of a good place to vacation, let me know. I am bound and determined to go someplace warm in JUNE!!!! Merry May!

    Kelley Dolling
    Teacher Idea Factory

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Will have to come up with some choices. The family is easy to please. I am the one who always wants to explore a new place. Bring on the sun!

      Delete
  8. I too have 40 days left. I can't wait for summer too. I'm glad I found your blog. It's stinkin' cute. I am also a 2nd grade teacher.
    cheers
    Sandra

    www.savvyteachingtips.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on making your last payment! I am just about to start. :( Looking forward to paying it off!

    I have been debating getting an iphone too. I don't want to pay the money, but it is so versatile!

    Sweet Tea and Second Grade

    ReplyDelete
  10. First, congrats on your final loan payment! I am so happy for you! Also, thank you for indirectly pushing me into the instagram craze. I have to admit, it is a bit fun!!
    -Jaime
    Bright Concepts 4 Teachers

    ReplyDelete
  11. I loved reading your Currently! So fun! If you have time, I would love to have you drop by my blog, enter my latest giveaway, and join my latest linky. I am asking bloggers to share their favorite nonfiction author(s)/book(s).
    www.ateacherwithoutaclass.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Don't feel bad - I'm in school until June 21 for kids and the 24th for teachers. Blah! I'm counting down with my kids, but it's going slowly. Last week we decided to count the number of Fridays left, so we cross one off each week. That makes it seem better! ~ Lisa

    ReplyDelete