Friday, March 1, 2013

Currently March

Leprechauns, gold coins, lucky numbers, rainbows, flowers and warmer temperatures are on their way. 
But Farley is here today, marking the first day of the month. 

I have not been able to stay awake on Thursday nights, so I am watching Grey's on my ipad while working and prepping for next week.

My track one buddies left today to enjoy their track out. That means I am next!  March 20 has been marked on my calendar. I think I can, I think I can.... :)  

I began doing assessments to get ready for report cards, progress reports and paperwork galore! I am excited about conferences. I know, I know...but I just love to show growth...even a little growth makes me giddy. 
My kids are growing up! I see the learning and I just want more from them each and everyday we have left together.

I am feeling yucky again. I spend the majority of my day in a very cold classroom. No one seems to get the heat to work properly. The nice guys who can't read a thermometer check the temperatures in our rooms say it is all fine. Trust me when I say...it is not....walk into my classroom and watch me wear my coat almost every day. NO fun :( I refuse to call in sick!!!!

Mom is visiting in the summer!  She is coming to help watch the kids and hopefully vacation with us. My kids attend traditional school and I teach  in a year round school. That gets crazy at the end of the year. I must buy tickets this weekend. 

LIKE: T.V.  My name is Tania, and I am a couch potato.
LOVE: Tiramisu. My ultimate favorite dessert. I could eat one everyday and gain tons of weight.
HATE: Tantrums. Kids temper tantrums and adults. Sometimes I think adult tantrums are worse. I have a few of those and I dislike myself when I do.

Looking forward to meeting new friends this month. Thanks Farley, for the monthly opportunity.

18 comments:

  1. tantrums.... uggg that is a good one... bub's tantrums drive me nutso... but adult tantrums are far worse... thanks so much for linking up

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmm - tiramisu! I love the one California Pizza Kitchen makes. Unlikely place for good tiramisu, isn't it? A friend clued me in - I'd never have ordered it on my own!

    Krazy Town

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have never tried it there. I must next time! :)

      Delete
  3. There wasn't a new Grey's this week was there? My tv did not record it! After all these years it is still my FAVORITE show! I am totally sick, had to take the day off. I hate that. My classroom is either too cold or too at all times. It is never comfortable, so I totally understand that! So glad to find you through Currently!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can do too hot, but too cold, just does not go with me. :(

      Delete
  4. Haha! I'm laughing at Heidi's comment, because when I read 'Grey's' my heart literally stopped for a minute and my eyes checked the day on my computer. Glad I'm not alone! I hope I didn't miss the latest episode from Thurs. :) My conferences are just around the corner, too! Busy busy!! Hope you can take some time this weekend and relax!

    Kate
    Second Grade Sparkle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Best of luck with your conferences.

      Delete
  5. Classrooms always have such crazy temperatures. They're either super cold or super warm. Hopefully they'll figure yours out soon. No fun!

    ~Kim

    ReplyDelete
  6. You said it all when you said, "guys" come to check the heat. Guys are never cold! It's always hot, if you ask them, maybe ladies should work on heaters...Have a wonderful weekend!! Stay warm & watch lots of good stuff on TV!

    Amy Howbert
    Little Miss Organized
    amyhowbert1@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can watch TV on my iPad?? I need that app!! I love Tiramasu, but I can't remember the last time I had some. Now I want something sweet...think I have to go raid the fridge. Good luck with conferences, and Spring break will be here before you know it!!

    Aloha,
    Corinna
    Surfin' Through Second

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just download the channel app. I have abc &nbc. You can watch the latest episodes...and go to bed early :)

      Delete
  8. I used to teach in a year round school, but we all had the same schedule. How do you like it? I loved our schedule, but it fell to budget cuts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I cannot say enough good things about year round. It keeps me sane and energized.... year round :)

      Delete
  9. I'm with you on the warm classroom! My district is currently trying to save money on the energy bill and capped us off at 67 degrees everywhere. I am suffering big time!

    Jessica
    Second Grade Nest

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just wish I did not have to pay for the doctor's visits due to being super cold for too long. My room is 66. I feel your pain!

      Delete
  10. I love it that your mom comes to visit you and help you with your kiddos! You are creating such wonderful memories for them! I hope your conferences go well. Stay warm my friend!
    -Jaime
    Bright Concepts 4 Teachers

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have to admit that I had no clue what you were talking about when you said countdown to track out. But I am inferring that it might have something to do with year round schooling. That is something my district is thinking about in years to come. I did a research report on it when I got my masters and was undecided after writing it. I like the idea of having summers off, but am thinking who doesn't need a break around October. Plus I imagine there is less need to review for long periods of time because there is no longer the huge break.
    Hope you have a great week!
    Antoinette :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Man oh man do I love Grey's Anatomy....I even love watching the re-runs! I found you through the currently--it's always nice to find another 2nd grade blogger :)I'm your newest follower. Please feel free to stop by if you get a chance!

    ~Steph

    The Quirky Apple
    Sparkly, Quirky Lifebox

    ReplyDelete