Monday, February 25, 2013

Tweet Comments and Flash Sale!

My tweet son was supposed to pick two winners last night. The truth is... I sent him to bed a little early :)


CORINNA and BARBARA  please send me your e-mail (mysecondsense@gmail.com). I will be happy to send you my super tweet product tonight. I promise to stay up until I hear from you :)

How do I teach them about rows and columns?  
This is what I tell them:
Rows: Imagine yourself at the movie theater sitting in organized rows. One person sitting next to another one. Sitting in rows.
Columns: The word column has a letter l that goes up and down, like columns do. I also mention the columns that support our classroom; the beams that support the walls which go up and down :)  Hope that helps!

You will find practice cards to help your kiddos with the labeling and counting of rows and columns included in this product.


Flash sale anyone?!  20% off today and tomorrow.  Find it HERE.

Happy Monday!  

4 comments:

  1. This is awesome! If I end up teaching second grade again next year I am buying it for sure!! The way I do it sounds ridiculous, but they SO remember. I just say Rows, Rows, Rows and they move their hands in horizontal lines (kind of like how I Dream of Jeanie holds her hands) and then I say Columns, Columns, Columns and they move their hands up and down. We chant it 3 or 4 times.

    It is hysterical to watch them doing it silently to themselves during independent work or assessments. But I'm telling you, it works!

    I wish I could have won this! It looks awesome :)

    Sarah
    The Fabulous First Grade

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great pack, Tania! It looks awesome! My kids would love it! Going on my wishlist now!
    -Jaime
    Bright Concepts 4 Teachers

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just found your blog through Tonya's Treats Giveaway!! Love your cute design! :) I'm your newest follower!!

    -Ciera
    adventuresofroom129.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I found the cellaphane bags for the valentine's day pencils at Michael's or A.C Moore.... I can't remember which. Try those places if you have them near you. It's such an inexpensive treat for the little ones. Thanks for stopping by my page. =)

    Just Wild About Teaching

    ReplyDelete