Friday, February 1, 2013

Observation, Valentine's Freebie and February Currently

After our crazy week last week, my observation was postponed. I usually rather not know when they are coming. It is easier for me to just do my thing. On Wednesday I got observed during literacy. Can I tell you how good my kids made me look? They were perfect!
I was working with a group of three girls on comparing and contrasting two stories. The rest of the class was doing the same thing in small groups. You could hear their amazing conversations. My heart was smiling nice and big :)

Freebie: I am getting ready to make Valentine's goodie bags for the kids before Target runs of pencils, erasers, stickers... I made these.
Please come and download here and if you can...leave me a love note. I'd LOVE that!

February Currently has arrived. Farley gives me a chance to reflect and I love sharing it with you.

I grew up learning that no matter what...manners were very, very  important (Do I sound old?). It makes me sad to see how manners are becoming extinct.  Say your please and thank yous :) It means a lot. 

21 comments:

  1. Love Vera Bradley!!
    What in the world is a ChimaLego?
    Good luck with the rearranging and trip planning. :)

    Mary
    Mrs. Lirette's Learning Detectives

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A new boy program along the lines of Ninjago. My 10 year old is obsessed with these 'creatures'.

      Delete
  2. I have a Vera mini backpack and I love it! What pattern did you get???

    ThePolishedTeacher

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No idea! Navy blue, purple, lavender, flowers...have to take some pictures :)

      Delete
  3. A vacation with your mom?!!! So special and fun!!! My mom and I went to the San Juan Islands and Seattle when she turned 60. It was SUCH a blast!!!

    Love me some Vera!!!

    Hoping you win my big giveaway! :) :) :)
    Growing Firsties

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just mom and I. I am hoping for a cruise :)

      Delete
  4. Oooo what Vera pattern do you have? I am in love with most of them. lol :) Good job on the walk-thru! I hate those. lol I always get nervous even 8 years into this field. Perfectionism at work I suppose :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not sure about the pattern. It was hard to decide which one to pick!

      Delete
  5. I love to plan trips! Hope it is a fabulous one for you!
    Lori
    Conversations in Literacy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Mom is excited and a little upset since she wants to bring the grand kids....mmm...NOPE!

      Delete
  6. I'm also wondering about the ChimaLego... Bad manners drives me nuts, especially from my fifth graders!

    Diane
    Fifth in the Middle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some weird cartoon creature (Ninjago's cousins.

      Delete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the freebie! So cute and, of course, my kiddos will love it!

    I'm a stickler for manners in my classroom. I know it drives my students crazy but I think that's something that I can't harp on enough! Def a big deal to me too.

    Make sure to stop by and enter my giveaway!
    -Courtney
    http://2ndgradesnapshots.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Courtney. Hoping my name gets called.

      Delete
  9. My mom and I took an Alaskan cruise once and had a blast. I hope you have fun where ever you decide to go.
    Teacher Gone Digital

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She can't decide where she wants to go. Alaska will be one amazing place to visit!

      Delete
  10. Love Vera Bradley! And yes poor manners is a huge pet peeve for me!!

    Tammy
    Come By and Visit My Blogs!
    ”Dots” of Fun!
    1...2...3...Teach With Me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is my first Vera. Super happy with it!

      Delete
  11. Manner are a must! I feel like a broken record sometimes but I know the kids will appreciate it later in life. Thank you for the adorable freebie.I will be sharing it with my kiddos!
    -Jaime
    Bright Concepts 4 Teachers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have something in the mail for you. Hope they like it :)

      Delete