Thursday, February 21, 2013

I'm Using a Hall Pass (Linky)

Grab a hall pass and come share with Reagan!
I was looking at all my posts, and apparently linky parties are my forte :) I am going to have to show you that I really do teach... one of these days :)


Product: My Share Your Opinion was a huge hit in my classroom. The kids impressed me with their ability to write opinion writing pieces.  I had a chance to read why they love certain things and dislike others supported by details and amazing vocabulary. 
I had a chance to use many of my ThistleGirl graphics. I  loved everything about it!
Area: I love my vocabulary bulletin board. We read a book a week, choose 3-5 vocabulary words to talk about. Why do I love it?  I see my kids using the new vocabulary in their writing. I also hear them trying to get all fancy on me when they are having snack and during our class conversations.  I am thrilled!

Signal: This mini xylophone sits on my desk. It is a signal I use for transition time. If they hear it, they know to stop doing whatever they are doing and listen for directions. It works!

Sanity: My team keeps me sane.  This year we have six amazing people working together. I have been extremely lucky to work with great mentors and friends since the beginning of my career. I can always count on them to allow me to vent, to support me, to mentor me and to put up with my crazy ideas...and hormones :)
Movies also keep me sane. I love watching movies...alone. It calms me down :)

Thanks to Corinna for the beautiful background paper.

6 comments:

  1. I'm jealous you get to pick your own vocabulary words! That makes so much sense!

    Linky Parties are my forte too ;)

    Halle
    Across the Hall in 2nd Grade

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love reading books and teaching vocab. in context :)

      Delete
  2. Yay for awesome grade level teams!!! I couldn't live without my team partner either! Your vocab board rocks too.

    -Jaime
    Bright Concepts 4 Teachers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope to take better pictures and write a post about it :)Thanks girl!

      Delete
  3. I am so glad you have a great team behind you. Sadly, mine seems to be falling apart... :/ I like your xylophone! I'll have to try that

    sarah
    teachingiscolorful.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete