Saturday, January 12, 2013

Product Swap with Second Grade Nest

MrsStanfordsClass

I have to admit I was pretty jealous the last two times I had read bloggers where swapping products and learning about other amazing products out there.

Lucky me this time I got to 'meet' and use a product from Jessica @ Second Grade Nest
Two of my best mentors came from River Ridge Elementary (which is where I student taught). Jessica lives right down the street from my school. Small world, ha?
Second Grade Nest
I have to admit, it was very hard to decide which product to pick, but the one thing that helped me out was the Fun Friday idea. I do have Fun Friday every Friday afternoon for all my kiddos who complete their work. It is only a half an hour, but I promise you, they know Friday is coming and suddenly everything gets done. It works!

I got to use Jessica's Literacy Fun Friday. We have board games and other 'free' choices for Fun Friday, but this time, I used Jessica's product to check it out.

There are 12 books to choose from. Each book has an art project along with a piece of writing to complete.
You read the book, reflect, and do some art. Nice, ha?

I chose three to show you the awesomeness of having a productive Fun Friday :)

I divided the class into three groups. They read the corresponding book and created these...

Don't Let the Pigeon Ride the Bus
 

Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs

Where the Wild Things Are

So...if you need something productive for your Fun Fridays, you know where to go :)

Thanks Jessica!  I loved checking this out.

My product will be on sale for the weekend :)  You have to check out Jessica's blog to see what she has to say.

5 comments:

  1. These turned out SO cute! I am so glad that your kids enjoyed some arts and literature! Thanks so much for doing the product swap. Come check out my post on your product, too!

    Jessica
    Second Grade Nest

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They LOVED it! Thanks for being my partner :)

      Delete
  2. I love seeing your students' writing and drawings! Love those kiddos. I know your opinion unit is incredible and so helpful to engage all learners. Thanks for sharing your experience.
    -Jaime
    Bright Concepts 4 Teachers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you recognize the handwriting?

      Delete
  3. I like the activities linked to literature, both in reading, and in mathematics. These would be great in my classroom.

    ReplyDelete