Tuesday, January 1, 2013

January Currently and Short Vacation.

Happy 2013 friends! I hope you had  a fantastic day surrounded by family and friends. Farley's Currently is here. Time to meet new friends :)

Further explanation anyone?

Listening: I love turning the TV off and let my kids play with all the junk toys they have. Imagination at its best!

Loving: I found my maid of honor, AKA high school BFF via Facebook.  I could hardly believe it!  She has not changed a bit. She did say I was a bit overweight. (ouch!). We 'talked' for about 3 hours. She is living in Mexico with her cute husband and three precious boys. She was my Christmas present.

Thinking: I am surrounded by fabulous people. I need to make an effort to be more social. There are so many wonderful people in this world.

Wanting: There had been a lot of bad news from friends and friend's family members  I wish health for all of you and those you love.

Needing: My fridge is empty. I must get off this couch and go grocery shopping. Today.

OLW: Priorities. I must learn to prioritize what is most important.  My job has taken much of my time and my family is beginning to resent my job :(


Hubby had two days off so we decided to go to Fort Lauderdale. We had very limited time, so beach and warm weather was all we were looking for.
The weather was not exactly beach weather, but the kids were happy. The second day we wore jackets all day, it was windy! Thank goodness our hotel had a pool with amazing warm water. We could cross the street, hit the beach and run back into the warm pool.
We came back yesterday. Hubby had to go back to work and the kids and I ended up flying to Boston and getting stuck there for five hours. Thankfully we made it home around 10:45 pm.
I had the biggest headache. The kids behaved so well, I felt like a big whinny baby.

Some things I noticed:
* FLL's beach + cruise ships have created a new idea for our future family vacation.
* People forget to clean after themselves (and their kids) in the airplane.
* Cute guys with great bodies = gay. Darn it!!!
* Children who kick your seat for almost two hours should not sit by themselves.
* ipad, ipod, iphones + Battleship and Chess = new way to bond as a family.
* Some adults do not know how to hold a fork properly.
* Caribbean shrimp is one delicious dish!
* Whoever said that being married to a pilot is great...I need to have a personal talk with you.
* Seeing your husband in uniform reminds you how hot he truly is :)
* Dunkin' Donuts runs out of chocolate sprinkle donuts way too early.
* I must loose weight. My bathing suit was suffering.
****  2 0  1 3 is here and I am ready for something new! Not sure what that is yet though.

LASTLY: Last day to enter my One Sharp Pencil Giveaway.

Wishing you the best!

16 comments:

  1. That is so amazing you were able to find your high school friend through facebook! What a great Christmas present :)

    Happy New Year's!

    - Sasha
    The Autism Helper

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was so happy. Waiting for her to be my friend on FB almost left me looking at my e-mail for hours. Happy 2013!

      Delete
  2. Awesome that you were able to reunite with your friend! I like your OLW. I need to work on that too.
    Jessica

    Apples and Papers

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol, your list is hilarious!! My dad worked for Delta for 30 years and I was able to fly all over the world. But now that I have kids, flying standby is something I hate!! I would rather spend the money. I hope you have a fabulous 2013!!

    Hau'oli Makahiki Hou,
    Corinna
    Surfin' Through Second

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We decided not to fly stand by after kids. Ever. The loads looked great, but I still had to wait...a while. Happy 2013 to you!

      Delete
  4. Happy New Year Tania! Your mini vacation sounds like so much fun!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sandy. It has nice to get out of the house :)
      Happy 2013!

      Delete
  5. Loved your Currently... and I loved the "Things I have noticed" part of your post... Happy New Year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Priorities...what a great word! So much easier said than done, right? Happy New Year!

    Danielle
    Carolina Teacher

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. I really need to work on picking what's important. Happy 2013!

      Delete
  7. Love your list of observations!! Too funny:) I'm loving your OLW, too! I need to prioritize, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let's work together on that. I need moral support :)

      Delete
  8. Love your observations! Isn't it insane about adults and cutlery!
    Brooke

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super jealous of your trip and so excited you found your BFF! (I can't believe she told you that you were overweight! LOL - only a bestie right?). Prioritize should have been my word too... I just couldn't decide what was the most important (LOL). Love your post!

    Heidi

    ReplyDelete