Monday, October 22, 2012

Back to Work and 2nd Grade Bloggy Friends

I went back to work last Thursday after my super lazy break. I did not clean the house, I did not work on school work, I did not attend any professional development... I just rested.

My students came back today and they were absolutely fabulous! It was like they never left. Sometimes our track out time (three week break) is long enough for them to forget everything. Not this time.

I am expected to get observed this week...sometime before my principal retires (let's not go there, I have cried already).  Today I expected her to walk through the door and part of me really wanted her to. The kids were magnificent and I am so ready to have an amazing week with my kiddos (we'll talk Friday).

I am also planning on flying to New York (Columbia University) to attend the Teacher's College Saturday workshops. I am not sure if this trip will take place as I can't find a place to stay. This poor teacher cannot afford a $300 hotel stay. Boo! I guess this is what happens when you don't plan ahead. 

Casey is hosting a linky party about graphics. I love linky parties and second grade blogs :)


Erin has a 200 follower giveaway and I am very happy to be part of it. Anything for a second grade bloggy friend :)

200 Follower Giveaway Button.JPG

Hoping to get observed tomorrow!

8 comments:

  1. Sorry bout your motel situation - $300 a night would make me gulp, too! I love Scrapping Doodle - they have such nice things and it seems like they are always on sale!
    Sara

    ReplyDelete
  2. How about The Riverside Tower Hotel (http://www.riversidetowerhotel.com/) not the best hotel in NYC but it is cheap. We have stayed there every time we have visited the city.

    Christina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here I am assuming you are staying in the city..I saw New York and assumed NYC. Sorry if this information doesn't help for this trip! :)

      Delete
    2. NYC is the final destination :) I did check it out. Sold out.

      Delete
  3. Thanks for linking up Tania! I'm off to check out Print Candee. :)

    Casey
    Second Grade Math Maniac
    Second Grade Freebies

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm your newest follower. I love second grade. I think it is the best grade to teach!!
    ஐRikki

    The Hive

    ReplyDelete
  5. Found your blog through the Where do you get your graphics linky. So excited when I find other second grade teachers. I am a new follower!!

    ilive2learnilove2grow 

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just found you, so happy to find another 2nd grade blogger!! I am a new blogger, teach 2nd grade myself, and am your newest follower!
    Amy Howbert

    Little Miss Organized
    amyhowbert1@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete