Saturday, September 15, 2012

Tell Me Something Good

I have been really negative. I have :(  I am extremely overwhelmed with Common Core.
I had a couple of bad days last week feeling like I am doing everything wrong, because nothing feels right (at work). I need to feel good, I need to do something good. Concentrate on the good of it all. Jennifer is hosting a linky party where GOOD is what is all about. Thanks Jennifer. I needed that :)


My something good from school:
I work with an amazing group of people. We work well together, communicate, encourage each
other....and more importantly... I know we are doing what is right for kids.
My class is writing tons during our literacy block. Responding to Reading has been a huge hit! I have a great set of parents who have been nothing but supportive of my 'strict' style.  I call it high expectations...but some call it something else :)  

My something good from home: 
I have two amazing, healthy children. My daughter is reading!!! She just entered kindergarten.  My son seems to like school a little bit more and has made new friends.  My amazing husband passed all his training and the man does anything I ask him to do.  What else could I ask for?

2 comments:

  1. Yay! Both of your home/school something goods are so great! I just moved to a new school and love the team I am working with! It has been such a wonderful start to the year so I can feel you on that one!

    Heather
    Sensational Seconds

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that sign! This year has been tough for me too. We don't have the strongest leader as our administrator and every member of my team has been in tears at least once before school started. I'm so happy you linked up! I'm planning on making this linky party a monthly thing so I hope you'll link up in the next one too!
    Rowdy in First Grade

    ReplyDelete