Monday, September 3, 2012

September Currently and Buddy Blogging

WOW!  Life has been busy. I can't tell you how much I have been meaning to get in touch with you. I miss you.

Quick recap:
-Went back to school (July 30th) and cannot seem to get it together. Common Core is making feel like a first year teacher all over again.  No worries... I have energy to survive it all!
- My mom visited for three months. While she was here I did...nothing! She made my breakfast, my lunch, cleaned the house, ironed all the clothing (for the whole family), entertained the kids, helped with my laminating, cutting and gluing, .... Well, she left and I am dying here without her help.
- I have 22 kiddos who are keeping me on my toes. Routines are pretty much a part of our everyday now. I just need to teach. Daily Five is going great!
- We celebrated a July birthday, and two August birthdays (mine and my daughter's). Cake or cupcakes anyone?

Farley created the cutest Currently this month!!!


My favorites:
- I love my room mom. She is helpful, fun, outgoing...  I can always count on her.  She was my room mom last year, so we know each other well. She truly gets how much I care.
-My kids went back to school. Uniform shopping is always fun. I wish everyone wore uniforms. Mornings are much easier. My daughter is beyond excited about kindergarten! 
- Year round schools.  I get my first three week break in four weeks. Nothing like a mental break :)

Have you visited Amanda's blog?  She is fantabulous!  Her blog has amazing ideas and I had the priviledge to be part of her Budding Blogger Showcase Series.  Visit her... you will fall in love with her passion for teaching.

Feliz Dia del Trabajo (Happy Labor Day).  I want a hamburger!

7 comments:

  1. I agree that a cleaning fairy would be a miraculous thing! That is great that your mom was able to come and help out so much! An extra set of hands definitely helps out!
    Kate
    http://funinecse.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your Budding Blogger Showcase! So awesome that you have a room mom that you connect with. It makes all the difference in the world. I am a room mom for my son's class and his teacher and I totally connect too. It just makes for a great school year when you "get" each other.
    -Jaime
    Bright Concepts 4 Teachers

    ReplyDelete
  3. Year round school - I am so envious! My mom and I taught in the same school district for five years; she was year round and I wasn't. Oh! I hated getting up in the morning while she was still lying in the bed. She always said that just when she needed a break from the kids - she got one! :-)

    Have a great school year!

    Carla
    Surviving Sixth Grade

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad you are settling into a routine with your group. I agree that common core is taking a wee bit (ok - a lot!) of getting used to. Sooner or later, the resources we get from the county will improve... right? ;)
    ~Jen
    Hello Mrs Sykes

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is so nice to have a room mother that you can relate to. I would love to have school uniforms it would make things so much nicer!
    ஐRikki

    The Hive

    ReplyDelete
  6. A cleaning fairy and a room mom I could trust would be so great! Unfortunately no one is signing up for those jobs so it's all on me...well, and making my children help with the cleaning. :) My oldest wears a uniform to middle school and I really like it.

    ReplyDelete