Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Technology Tip: Wallwishing

I was introduced to Wallwisher last year.  It is basically a wall (bulletin board) where you can share, collaborate and have everyone participate at the same time. You can add videos, music, URLs...

We read a book in class about a brave sheep. Then we visited the computer lab, where I posted an entry : How can you show braveness? Students started entering their responses.  You can see their responses appear as soon as they hit enter.  It is quite "cool".

* You are going to have to imagine the next step (the actual wall), because I do not know how to take a screen picture.

So...I borrowed some images from the WWW for you :)





Here are some ideas on how to use it in the classroom :
- Show students a cover of the cover and they share their predictions.
- Book recommendations
- Math explanations (Why, How do you know?): Students respond to a math question.
- Brainstorm writing topics
- Suggestions for the classroom library
- Author Study: Students share their favorite book
- Great Beginnings
- Word Choice: What are some other words we could use instead of...?

Happy Wallwishing!

3 comments:

  1. I love Wallwisher!!!! :-) Thanks for the great ideas on how to use it in the classroom! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never heard of this before! Thanks for sharing. I am your newest follower. Stop by sometime!
    Dana
    Fun in 1st Grade

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is awesome! Thank you for sharing Wallwisher. I might have to try it out this week!

    Marvelous Multiagers!

    ReplyDelete