Monday, June 4, 2012

Testing and Currently

The building is quiet. It is hard to believe we have a school full of children.  Third, fourth and fifth graders are taking the test.   The one test that decides if our students are learning and growing.
I have never taught any other grade but second, so I can only imagine what the kids and teachers are going through.
I proctored two years ago, and after that, I never complained for not having outside recess, specials, duty free lunch...

The kids get a little goodie bag prior to the test.  This year I volunteered to put it all that together but I missed my chance to take a picture of the bags.  The bags had a pencil, smiley stickers, smarties, an eraser and a granola bar :)
I do have some pictures of these though...
They make me smile every time I walk by them. The kids and teachers loved them.

I created 13 posters and 13 cheerleaders, as 13 classes are taking the test. Then I passed it on to the K-2 teachers.  Each classroom decorated them with words of encouragement for our 3-5 test takers. Thanks to Tery for creating fabulous craftivities!!!

June is here and Farley has a super cool new blog design!
Currently I am...
If anybody wants to take me to Europe...I am not picky....any country will do :)

20 comments:

  1. Hi! I just found your blog on Farley's blog. I would be willing to sacrifice my summer and go to Europe with someone also!!LOL! I am glad I found you, I teach 2nd grade also! I am now a follower!

    Teresa

    2nd Grade Pig Pen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am packed already. Let's go :)

      Delete
  2. Love your blog :) Wow! I can't imagine testing this late in the year. We test in April, which is fairly late in my mind.

    Great idea to do the posters- love it! Every New Beginning

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blog is ADORABLE! Did you do it, or pay for it? I haven't made it to the point yet that I am willing to pay...lol.

    We are so going to use Whole Brain Teaching this year in 2nd grade. I've been watching the videos also. Aren't they awesome??

    Cynthia
    2nd Grade Pad

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Erin @ creating and teaching set up my blog. WBT seems to be awesome!

      Delete
  4. I'm thinking "what's for dinner" also! Did you come up with any good ideas??

    Sara :)
    Smiling In Second Grade

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had Moe's...Tex mex burritos :)

      Delete
  5. So...I am also thinking about doing whole brain teaching and reading ALL about it this summer...let's get together soon!

    Tonya
    Tonya’s Treats for Teachers

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your cheerleaders are adorable!! I wish I had extra time to do more fun things with my class! It never seems like there is enough time! :)

    Lisa
    Learning Is Something to Treasure

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love how you used the cheerleaders!! Such a great idea!! Thanks for the shout-out!
    ❤Teri
    A Cupcake for the Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just found your blog through Farley's linky :) Those craftivities turned out adorable, love them! I'm super jealous of your Puerto Rico trip!

    Katie
    Dirty Hands and Lesson Plans

    ReplyDelete
  9. I need to reread my Daily Five book this summer too!

    Marvelous Multiagers!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I need to reread my books too! I plan on doing it next year so I need to get everything together!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I need to reread both of these too especially since I'm attending the sister's daily 5 conference and Cafe conference in August.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you need someone to take notes for you? I'd love to meet the Sisters!

      Delete
  12. What a great way to build a school community! Being a first year teacher, it is especially important to prove I can fit in to the school and be a team player, so I am definitely looking to try this idea! Thanks for sharing!

    http://fromafirstyearteacher.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. I should re-read those books again as I haven't been able to put together cafe yet. I am ready for a house exchange, by the way. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for stopping by my blog! I just discovered your cutesy blog :o) Did you know your TPT link on your side bar does not link to your store. I was trying to follow you there too but it just went to TPT's home page.
    Mel D
    Seusstastic Classroom Inspirations

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for letting me know. I am on it!

      Delete