Thursday, May 17, 2012

Summer (Track out) Bucket List

I worked in a traditional school for two years, and to be honest, I do not remember what I did those two summers.
I then joined a brand new year round school, where I work nine weeks and have three weeks off (more or less) all year round.  I truly, truly love it!
I have to admit though... a long summer break sounds great right now.
My break in July will be short...  less than three weeks if you count work days.  I then present to you...

My Summer Track Out Bucket List hosted by Teri, Hadar and April.
Summer Bucket List

1) Reread these two.  I implemented some D5 this year and last, but this coming year, I am looking forward to having my team join me.  I do better learning with others.
The Daily Five              The CAFE Book

2) Finish this one. 
The Book Whisperer: Awakening the Inner Reader in Every Child [Book]

3) Entertain Spend quality time with my almost 10 year old son and almost 5 year old daughter. Plan their July and August birthdays sounds like a great idea!  I am always rushing :(

4) Create a Cafe/Craft board and all the mini lesson cards that go with it (at least for the first 9 weeks).

Source: http://www.ladybugsteacherfiles.com/2012/03/cafe-actually-craft-board.html
6) Clean my classroom


Shopping, sleeping in, family vacation... are just a few others that come to mind.  We'll see how much I get done :)  

10 comments:

  1. I used to teach at a year round school! It was tough to go back when everyone else was still on summer break, but it was oh so nice when fall break rolled around! Enjoy your short break and just know you'll have another one coming! Thanks for linking up :)

    Hadar

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't imagine working at a year round school!! Thank you for joining the party! :)
    ❤Teri
    A Cupcake for the Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Tania, I am so excited. I just found your blog through the big giveaway. I am a second grade teacher and a new follower of your blog. I am also presenting your blog with the "One Lovely Blog" award. You can find out more about it at my blog: http://mrsriosteachessecondgrade.blogspot.com/

    P.S. I read The Book Whisperer and found it very inspirational. You will love it.

    Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just found your blog & started following. I started with a CAFE board a couple of years ago, but somehow got off track and need to try again. I do like the look of the CRAFT board, too. Stop by & visit my blog sometime.
    Storie
    Stories by Storie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am your newest follower :) We were writing to each other at the same time!

      Delete
  5. I have always wondered what it would be like to have year round school. Maybe someday I will get to experience that. I am your newest follower :)

    Heidi
    My (Not So) Elementary Life
    mynotsoelementarylife@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Having a break every two months or so is super nice! I changed schools and counties just to give it a try. I hope I do not have to go back :)

      Delete
  6. Tania,

    I'm with you on the breaks - I love the 9 weeks on/3 weeks off schedule! It sounds like you have plenty to keep you occupied. I'm planning on being a mommy and taking a family vacation. :)

    ~Jen
    Hello Mrs Sykes

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've just given you the One Lovely Blog Award!
    Come check it out!
    http://tonyastreatsforteachers.blogspot.com/2012/05/yeah-my-first-blog-award.html

    ReplyDelete